Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coyote eating next door

New bunnies everywhere

Cactus in bloom
This is the desert by my house.  Most people miss the beauty of the desert. So I am going to show you just what is happening in one little area. Perhaps it will inspire you to go on a hike and see what you can find.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful pics! Sure hope there is more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww what cute little bunnies!! I do love the desert in the Spring. The first time I went down to where my hubby grew up (which is really middle of no where desert) was while we were on Spring break from school a few years back. It was springtime and there were all sorts of animals everywhere!! My favorite was watching the mama quail with the little chickys following behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and a few of my friends and family go on semi-regular hikes in Arizona. Our last hike was to Haunted Canyon in the Superstition Mountains about three weeks ago. We came upon a Ringneck Snake (Diadophis punctatus) which is a rare sighting, according to the "Western Reptiles and Amphibians" Peterson Field Guide. Wish I could post the picture.

    ReplyDelete